There are parts of my Larp Costumes that people never see, armour and overcoat cover it all. The grimy shirt has one purpose only: To protect my undershirts from the scalemaille mesh. The black dirt is from the armor, and I do not bother with cleaning it off every time, since it gets like this as soon as I wear the scalemaille. Only the collar, sleeves and lower hems can be seen beneath the armor.
The linen undershirt is my most recent one, and it uses a new base pattern I made. Collar, sleeves and hem will peek out under most outer layers, so I added some embroidery to them.
I made a corset for my mage character. It’s not done yet, but there are a few in-progress photos I’d like to share.
I took a tudor corset pattern and changed it to suit my needs. It is shorter than it’s historical counterparts, since I have to be able to move around in it a lot. I also made the upper edge pointing upwards to enhance the ArtDeco feel of this costume part.
I used linen cloth for the lining and rattan for the lining. The outer layer is going to be brocade.
The corset originally was going to have cording as well as a front clasp, but breathing proved really hard in this. So I decided to exchange the cording for 10 cm wide elastic straps. So It is more like a fake corset now.