Introducing Solufleece

For Years I did not use embroidery fleece or stich&tear, I either painted my designs directly onto the fabric or improvised using chinese paper. But ever since I discovered Solufleece, I have not done a single embroidery wihtout. I was always afraid to damage my embroidery while removing the backing, but Soluvlies will dissolve on contact with water… no tearing at all.

Soluvlies WIP

Working with Solufleece is very satisfying. the pattern of the material helps with making everything look even, and you can paint on in with a thin marker, even tracing design from paper.

Then comes the best part: removing the Solufleece.

Solufleece is ugly, so after dissolving it and seeing the finished work for the first time, I have this WOW effect every time. I still have to remove the thread that held the fleece in place by hand, and Ill have to remove a few small bits that still stick to the fabric, using warm water. But its such a huge improvement to any workflow I used before.

Soluvlies DONE

Hanbok-style Surcoat

I am working on a civillian garb for Iseul-Sung, my Palace Servant character. Like the rest of the costume it is inspired by traditional Hanbok.

I’ve read somwhere that Hanbok is partially glued together istead of sewn, but of course it doesn’t say where its glued. Still, lots of textile glue hidden in this costume.

Mage Cowl Embroidery WIP

dsc_2016-09-29_0635I’m working on an embroidery for a mage cowl, using organza for the first Time. This is going to take a while….

Mage Corset in Progress

I made a corset for my mage character. It’s not done yet, but there are a few in-progress photos I’d like to share.
I took a tudor corset pattern and changed it to suit my needs. It is shorter than it’s historical counterparts, since I have to be able to move around in it a lot. I also made the upper edge pointing upwards to enhance the ArtDeco feel of this costume part.

I used linen cloth for the lining and rattan for the lining. The outer layer is going to be brocade.

The corset originally was going to have cording as well as a front clasp, but breathing proved really hard in this. So I decided to exchange the cording for 10 cm wide elastic straps. So It is more like a fake corset now.

A Minstrel’s Dress

And done! No one will ever notice all those glass beads on the skirt…

The waistcoat alone took an eternity to make, but I am quite happy how it turned out.