There are parts of my Larp Costumes that people never see, armour and overcoat cover it all. The grimy shirt has one purpose only: To protect my undershirts from the scalemaille mesh. The black dirt is from the armor, and I do not bother with cleaning it off every time, since it gets like this as soon as I wear the scalemaille. Only the collar, sleeves and lower hems can be seen beneath the armor.
The linen undershirt is my most recent one, and it uses a new base pattern I made. Collar, sleeves and hem will peek out under most outer layers, so I added some embroidery to them.
The Armour surcoat I made for this summer’s Epic Empires quickly became one of my favourite pieces of Costume.
I have not managed to take good pictures of the finished surcoat, so here are some WIP photographs. The surcoat still lacks clasps here, and the sides are not yet closed. But all the embroidery, the leather and the lining are already finished.
Slowly, I am learning how to use my Camera. These are quite flawed, but I like the mood in these two Portraits of Elrian Tirithien, my Larp character.
Almost every part of the costume is self-made.
Thanks to Yumi for assisting me.