Morning Tune

blog03 blog02

My shift for the watch this year was early in the morning, at a time where all the nightcrawlers are long gone and the early birds have not yet risen. In other words: Nothing happened in this watch.
So to keep boredom away we took a harp with us and took turns making music and watching.

Thank you to Daniel Schmitt for the taking the photos. Editing was done by myself.

Going back

Elrian_old_revisited_01

I am digging through old Photographs of my elven Larp character.
This was in 2009. I still like it, and so I did a new retouch on it.

I still have the robe and I am planning to make some alterations to it so it will fit my quality standard and the current character concept again.

In the grove of remembrance

in the grove

Elrian Tirithiën.

Photo taken by Daniel Schmitt at Elbenwinter 2015.

Elven Helmet in Progress

helmets_and_shoulder

I am designing an Elven Helmet to replace this one. I’ve already on a basic design, but the details are not jet finished.

Also, I’m making some changes to the scale armour itself, mostly shortening the whole thing and adding sleeves.

This is the current master plan:

.Elrian Armor mod side

Noldor-Pelzmantel

Endlich bin ich dazu gekommen mein wohl größtes Nähprojekt in diesem Sommer weiter zu machen, ein Neuer, warmer und einigermaßen Wasserfester Mantel.

Als Anregung diente mir dieser Entwurf von Elwyn:

Entwurf von Elwyn

Als Futter verwende ich weißes Kunstfell, nur in der Kapuze echtes Kaninchenfell. Das Obermaterial soll aus gewachster Baumwolle sein.

Die Baumwolle habe ich schon vor einiger Zeit zugeschnitten und gefärbt, durch einen Fehler meinerseits sind die Schnittteile nicht grau sondern taubenblau geworden. Auch das Kunstfell liegt zugeschnitten in der to-do-Kiste.

Heute habe ich mich ans wachsen der Schnittteile gemacht, das Fjällräven-Wachs das ich bestellt habe lässt dich gut verteilen aber wird nicht ausreichen um den ganzen Mantel zu wachsen, da werde ich nachbestellen müssen.

Als nächstes habe ich mich ans Sticken gewagt, zunächst habe ich die Ornamente mit Wasserlöslichem Filzstift auf den Stoff gemalt, danach mit der Maschine in sehr engem Zickzack nachgenäht.

Und hier das fertige Ergebnis, ungebügelt, ungewaschen, ungewachst:

Und es sind noch fünf weitere Teile zu besticken…