My Scalemaille will ruin any clothing beneath, so I made this shirt from a very sturdy cotton fabric. And then embroidered the lining, becase apparently I am that sort of crazy.
The Collar will be turned up and secured with a clasp while wearing the armour. But while without armour, I can fold the front like this.
I still have to finish some things, for example the metal claps have yet to arrive.
Elrian met some Fairies and she remembers their faces- in her diary.
I am still working on the Mage cap. Its going to be a long-term project. One thing I made is this embroidery for the back of the cap. I am going to add some beads to it after attaching it to the cap.
I’m working on an embroidery for a mage cowl, using organza for the first Time. This is going to take a while….
In 2009 I decided that if I wanted to fight in LARP battles, I needed a helmet. But It’s hard to come by a helmet for an elven character. Having one custom made was not an option at the time since I was still in school.
I made this one with the help of my mum and a few friends. I bought a cheap steel helmet and we polished it and added build the leather corona. I then sent the components to another friend, Mimin, for clinching.
He has is own crafting blog, check it out here.
I wore it for six years, though it always looked a bit odd, due to the steel helmet being a bit too large for my head. I only had a new helmet custom-made this year, so its retirement time for the old one.
And since I never took photos of it, it was now or never. It looks quite beaten up by now, the leather parts are deformed and frayed.
“A promise that must not be broken.“
This is yet another page in the diary of my elven larp character, Elrian. It’s based on a scene that occurred on the Epic Empires 2015.
With the warm robes for my mage character almost done I have started to plan the rest of the costume.
I have acquired a nice vougue pattern I will use for this project.
Fort the robes I plan to work with paint and stencils as well as embroidery.
Both will be mostly tone in tone with the robe since the goal is to create a texture on the fabric.