For eight years, I always used elf ears made from Latex, some better, some worse, but for this season I got my first pair of silicone ears.
The difference is striking. they look so much better, are comfortable to wear and much more sturdy. The only downside is, I feel they are a tad too long, as I prefer ears with shorter tips. However, this is only MadhouseStudioFX second style of silicone ears, so I will keep an eye out for new releases.
There are parts of my Larp Costumes that people never see, armour and overcoat cover it all. The grimy shirt has one purpose only: To protect my undershirts from the scalemaille mesh. The black dirt is from the armor, and I do not bother with cleaning it off every time, since it gets like this as soon as I wear the scalemaille. Only the collar, sleeves and lower hems can be seen beneath the armor.
The linen undershirt is my most recent one, and it uses a new base pattern I made. Collar, sleeves and hem will peek out under most outer layers, so I added some embroidery to them.
The Armour surcoat I made for this summer’s Epic Empires quickly became one of my favourite pieces of Costume.
I have not managed to take good pictures of the finished surcoat, so here are some WIP photographs. The surcoat still lacks clasps here, and the sides are not yet closed. But all the embroidery, the leather and the lining are already finished.
Sometimes I spend months making a really fancy piece of costume, but sometimes its just time to top up on shirts. Like, you can never have enough shirts, right?
I made this for a friend, Imrath, whose character is a Tolkienesque wood elf (without the beard, of course).
I am working on a civillian garb for Iseul-Sung, my Palace Servant character. Like the rest of the costume it is inspired by traditional Hanbok.
I’ve read somwhere that Hanbok is partially glued together istead of sewn, but of course it doesn’t say where its glued. Still, lots of textile glue hidden in this costume.
I am still working on the Mage cap. Its going to be a long-term project. One thing I made is this embroidery for the back of the cap. I am going to add some beads to it after attaching it to the cap.
The first part of the embroidery for the mage cap is done, now I just have to sew it to the felt cap and make more embroidery. I love embroidering on organza, a technique used by Michelle Carragher to embellish the game of thrones costumes.