Embroidery for Ambra

I am still working on the Mage cap. Its going to be a long-term project. One thing I made is this embroidery for the back of the cap. I am going to add some beads to it after attaching it to the cap.

 

Mage cap WIP

 

The first part of the embroidery for the mage cap is done, now I just have to sew it to the felt cap and make more embroidery. I love embroidering on organza, a technique used by Michelle Carragher to embellish the game of thrones costumes.

 

Mage Corset in Progress

I made a corset for my mage character. It’s not done yet, but there are a few in-progress photos I’d like to share.
I took a tudor corset pattern and changed it to suit my needs. It is shorter than it’s historical counterparts, since I have to be able to move around in it a lot. I also made the upper edge pointing upwards to enhance the ArtDeco feel of this costume part.

I used linen cloth for the lining and rattan for the lining. The outer layer is going to be brocade.

The corset originally was going to have cording as well as a front clasp, but breathing proved really hard in this. So I decided to exchange the cording for 10 cm wide elastic straps. So It is more like a fake corset now.

Planning further ahead

Ambra mod

With the warm robes for my mage character almost done I have started to plan the rest of the costume.

I have acquired a nice vougue pattern I will use for this project.
Fort the robes I plan to work with paint and stencils as well as embroidery.
Both will be mostly tone in tone with the robe since the goal is to create a texture on the fabric.