Mage Corset in Progress

I made a corset for my mage character. It’s not done yet, but there are a few in-progress photos I’d like to share.
I took a tudor corset pattern and changed it to suit my needs. It is shorter than it’s historical counterparts, since I have to be able to move around in it a lot. I also made the upper edge pointing upwards to enhance the ArtDeco feel of this costume part.

I used linen cloth for the lining and rattan for the lining. The outer layer is going to be brocade.

The corset originally was going to have cording as well as a front clasp, but breathing proved really hard in this. So I decided to exchange the cording for 10 cm wide elastic straps. So It is more like a fake corset now.

2 thoughts on “Mage Corset in Progress

  1. Schöne Ideen hier im Blog.
    Irgendwie finde ich den *Folgen* Button gerade nicht auf dem Blog 😉
    Bastel auch etwas Larp (siehe Blog), bin über den Ringlord Schuppen Test hergekommen.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s